Australian Open Entries are now open
2020 Australian Open entries are open from 3.00pm AEDT December 19, 2019 to 11.59pm April 10, 2020.
After five massive years on the sunny Gold Coast, the World’s Biggest Bowls Festival will resume in 2020 on the sunshine state from June 13 to 26.
To build upon the success of the record-breaking 2019 edition, some of the features of next year’s event include:
- Open disciplines in Singles, Pairs & Fours, Under-18 Singles (Boys’ & Girls), Over-60’s Pairs (Men’s & Women’s) and various Bowlers with a Disability disciplines.
- Up to 13 host venues with some of the best greens in the world, including the host clubs for the 2019 Asia Pacific Championships and 2020 World Championships, Broadbeach, Club Helensvale and Musgrave Hill.
- Increased total prize pool to $275,000, across just under 700 prize money paying places.
- A ‘Player of the Tournament’ cheque for $2,500 which rewards the best and most consistent individual player across all open disciplines.
- An opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet new ones, while enjoying the sun and fun-filled destination that is the Gold Coast
Before entering, players are encouraged to read the Conditions of Play in order to familiarise themselves with the event and the entry conditions.
Who can enter?
- Open to all registered bowlers. No qualification rounds necessary – sectional rounds will be played in all disciplines to determine the players/teams who qualify for the knockout rounds.
- International bowlers welcomed and encouraged to attend.
- All players are guaranteed at least two, and most likely three fixtures within the sectional rounds of each discipline!
Online entries for the 2020 Australian Open are open from 3.00pm AEDT on December 29, 2019 until 11.59pm AEST on Friday, April 10, 2020.
If you prefer to enter the Australian Open via a manual entry form, that can either be posted, emailed or faxed back to Bowls Australia, but incur a 10% manual handling fee on top of the official entry price.
Online Entry – Singles – $55
Online Entry – Pairs – $110 total
Online Entry – Fours – $220 total
Manual Entry – Singles – $60.5 (All manual entries will incur a 10% surcharge)
Manual Entry- Pairs – $121 total
Manual Entry- Fours – $242 total